House of Denim is an independent, not-for-profit foundation. Our funding comes from sponsors, donations, subsidies and project funding. Previously, all funding & activities were organised within a single legal entity.

 To safeguard long-term stability and ensure the ongoing availability of Denim City’s sewing, archive and laundry facilities for Jean School and other educational & research activities, a new financial structure has been put in place as of January 2018.  Denim City BV is an independent legal entity, a social enterprise licensed by HoD, owned and operated by GMI and HM.

25% of HoD sponsor income is reserved for board expenses, travel & projects. The other 75% goes towards funding the educational facilities at Denim City - the remainder of the cost of these facilities is ‘sponsored’ by Denim City BV’s commercial activities.